In order to apply for an available position, please send your resume by mail, email, or fax. For all eligible positions, we offer competitive benefit package including paid vacation, holidays, medical, dental insurance, and 401(k).
Plote Construction Inc.
Attn: HR Dept.
1100 Brandt Drive
Hoffman Estates, IL 60192
As well as the positions below, Plote Construction is constantly seeking experienced construction professionals to help us fulfill our mission. We are currently recruiting individuals with skills in the following areas:
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
The successful Project Scheduler must be able to immediately add value to the organization and mesh with the dynamic, hard-working and adaptable team that exists at Plote Construction. The ability to be a quick learner, quick thinker as well as be willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done are required skills for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project Controls (Document Control, Cost, Schedule)
- Project Scheduling with P6 (resource loading, cost loading, and general sequencing)
- Work with superintendents, subcontractors and other project team members to accurately represent the impact of change orders and or delays to the project schedule
- Lead project schedule meetings
- Analysis of project cost
- Accurate forecasting and management of budgets
- Time impact analysis
- Claim mitigation
- Degree in Construction Management (or related field experience)
- 3 – 5 years of project scheduling experience
- Primavera experience required (P6 preferred)
- Understand concepts of baseline schedule, progress schedule, recovered schedule, total float, critical path, predecessors, successors, near critical paths, float trending, percent complete, float ownership, and constraints
- Claim experience required
- Time impact analysis experience required
- Ability to make confident, timely, and fact based decisions on a broad range of resources
- Candidates must demonstrate multi-tasking experience working in large teams and solving complex problems
- Knowledge of construction industry practices and procedures
- Detailed, organized, accurate
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task across several projects
- Proficient in Outlook, Excel, Word, MS Project, P6, Viewpoint and HCSS Heavy Bid and Heavy Job
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self directed and motivated
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects on time and on budget
- Strong negotiation skills
Project Administrative Assistant
The Project Administrative Assistant provides clerical and administrative support for post-award project documentation by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and distributes bid results
- Sets up, maintains and distributes job information sheets
- Obtains and submits Certificates of Insurance
- Maintains information in the document tracking log
- Prepares proposals and purchase orders
- Accumulates, tracks and submits certified payroll information including subcontractors
- High school diploma or GED and 3-5 years of industry experience or training
- Intermediate level MS-Office skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)
The Project Engineer will direct, coordinate and exercise functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration and completion of construction project within area of assigned responsibility by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Estimating – assists/reviews quantity takeoffs
- Pre- Construction – assists/reviews initiation of project file system; holds vendor scope meetings; prepares subcontracts and major purchase orders
- Construction Planning and Scheduling – prepares project schedule; daily and weekly construction planning; assists/reviews two week look ahead schedule for owner
- Submittal Process – prepares submittal log; coordinates subcontractor submittals; coordinates material submittals
- Resource Management – prepares/reviews daily time sheets; assists/reviews certified payroll reporting; prepares required equipment reports
- Cost Reporting/Forecasting – calculates and reports daily quantities; reviews MH reports; reviews monthly costs and creates cost projections
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or five years related experience or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Proficiency with AutoCad, Primavera, and Microsoft including Word, Excel and Outlook
Directs activities of workers engaged with construction of highways, runways, site development infrastructure or other construction projects by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Studies specifications to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion.
Confers with and directs supervisory personnel engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays.
Confers with supervisory to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications.
Doing Time on a Daily bases.
Tracking of daily quantities that were performed.
Communicating of equipment problems to Shop, General Superintendents and Superintendents.
Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems on their crew.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
•Experience in area of work:
MS-Office including Excel, Word, Outlook,
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business communication, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and engineers.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of algebra and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram forms.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current valid driver’s license with clear DMV record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk long distances across rugged terrain, and stand, talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move equipment up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Plote Construction Inc. and Beverly Materials L.L.C. are 50-year old, privately held and vertically integrated, civil construction companies situated in Northern Illinois. This organization is a complete heavy civil construction company, which builds and maintains many of the Chicago metro areas highways, airports, streets and other municipal projects. It operates multiple asphalt, concrete, sand and gravel mines, and recycle locations. The main office is located approximately 40 miles northwest of Chicago in Hoffman Estates, Illinois. Join a company continuing its tradition of success for over 50 years!
Plote Construction Inc. is seeking a Superintendent with a minimum of 2 years experience in onsite management of Heavy & Highway projects to direct the activities of workers engaged in the construction of highways, runways, site development infrastructure or other construction projects. Position responsibilities include:
• Studies specifications to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
• Assembles members of organization (supervisory, clerical, engineering, and other workers) at start of project.
• Orders procurement of equipment, tools and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
• Confers with and directs supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays.
• Confers with supervisory and engineering personnel and inspectors and suppliers of tools and materials to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
• Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
• Prepares or reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports.
• Works closely with P.M. and Project Engineers on schedules, ordering of long term items, P.O’s.
The Superintendent directly supervises up to 15 employees, including training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising employee performance, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Requirements include a Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in civil engineering or construction management from a four-year college or university; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience including computer proficiency with MS-Office including Excel, Word, Outlook, HCSS. A re-employment drug screen is required and must have current valid driver’s license with clear DMV record.