In order to apply for an available position, please send your resume by mail, email, or fax. For all eligible positions, we offer competitive benefit package including paid vacation, holidays, medical, dental insurance, and 401(k).
Plote Construction Inc.
Attn: HR Dept.
1100 Brandt Drive
Hoffman Estates, IL 60192
As well as the positions below, Plote Construction is constantly seeking experienced construction professionals to help us fulfill our mission. We are currently recruiting individuals with skills in the following areas:
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assists Shop in maintaining machinery by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carries tools and equipment to and from storage and working areas
- Pulls and handles materials and tools to raise to working levels
- Loosens bolts to dismantle machinery
- Cleans machines with sandpaper, solvent and wiping rags to prepare surfaces for painting
- Oils and greases machines
- Performs minor maintenance and repairs, such as changing oil, air cleaners and belts
- Sweeps and cleans work area, tools and equipment
- Operates gas fork lift to load and unload trucks
- Drives company vehicle to make occasional routine errands to pick up or deliver parts
- High school diploma or GED and 1 year of related experience
- Fork lift certification
- Valid Driver’s license and clear DMV record
QA/QC Manager/Technical Services Manager
Responsible for managing teams and performing daily QA/QC responsibilities of specific projects to ensure projects are constructed in accordance with established minimum standards. The role includes direct oversight and review of the entire documentation and physical inspection phase of the work flow process and working with other in-house personnel (e.g.: Project Managers, Superintendents, etc.) and external personnel to produce and document compliant, quality products. Reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer for the sake of assuring that a conflict of interest does not occur among the productivity, schedule, and the quality objectives of the project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversight and supervision of the QA/QC and environmental staff
- Administer quality control, production/pit balance, technical sales, aggregate research and development
- Provide technical expertise on aggregates and impacts on downstream products (concrete, precast, and asphalt)
- Manage multi-product line vertical-integration relationship with regards to quality, inventory utilization, and mix-design optimization
- Lead quality control and mix design activities
- Provide planning, resource coordination, project management, and technical, geological, and quality management
- Implement production process improvements to streamline operating efforts between all crews
- Manage Quality Assurance program for specific construction projects.
- Perform routine inspections to assure that the project specifications are be met by the contractor and subcontractors.
- 4 Year degree in geology, civil or other engineering/materials discipline
- 7-10 years of experience in QA/QC for product development, testing and mix design activities, construction materials testing laboratories, manufacturing facilities (asphalt plants, aggregate plants and ready mixed concrete plants)
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in the construction industry with a commercial general contractor engaged in heavy highway construction
- Professional credentials desired
- Strong knowledge of the sequencing of work and the strategy of creating effective project schedules
- Good understanding of project change administration and the effect of the quality aspects of the project
- Solid understanding of means and methods of construction for civil project work
- Detailed, organized, accurate, proactive
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task across several projects
- Strong supervisory and team management skills
- Proficient in Outlook, Excel, Word, MS Project, P6, Viewpoint and HCSS Heavy Bid and Heavy Job
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-directed and motivated
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects on time and on budget
- Availabililty on nights and weekends.
Project Administrative Assistant
The Project Administrative Assistant provides clerical and administrative support for post-award project documentation by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and distributes bid results
- Sets up, maintains and distributes job information sheets
- Obtains and submits Certificates of Insurance
- Maintains information in the document tracking log
- Prepares proposals and purchase orders
- Accumulates, tracks and submits certified payroll information including subcontractors
- High school diploma or GED and 3-5 years of industry experience or training
- Intermediate level MS-Office skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)
The Project Engineer will direct, coordinate and exercise functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration and completion of construction project within area of assigned responsibility by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Estimating – assists/reviews quantity takeoffs
- Pre- Construction – assists/reviews initiation of project file system; holds vendor scope meetings; prepares subcontracts and major purchase orders
- Construction Planning and Scheduling – prepares project schedule; daily and weekly construction planning; assists/reviews two week look ahead schedule for owner
- Submittal Process – prepares submittal log; coordinates subcontractor submittals; coordinates material submittals
- Resource Management – prepares/reviews daily time sheets; assists/reviews certified payroll reporting; prepares required equipment reports
- Cost Reporting/Forecasting – calculates and reports daily quantities; reviews MH reports; reviews monthly costs and creates cost projections
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or five years related experience or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Proficiency with AutoCad, Primavera, and Microsoft including Word, Excel and Outlook
Director of Human Resources/Payroll
To develop, recommend and administer approved policies and procedures in human resources, employee relations and related issues that are consistent with strategic plans and objectives.
To ensure all payroll related functions are carried out efficiently in accordance with company policies, procedures and work practices. To meet all statutory compliance requirements as dictated by various governing bodies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruitment and selection – effectively manage and/or coordinate the process by ensuring cost effective and high quality service
- Provide insights, data and analysis regarding people and organizational issues to guide decisions and solutions
- Serve as a coach and advisor to managers on issues such as performance management, compensation, recognition and rewards, employee relations, change management and employee engagement
- Utilize strong knowledge of HR related legal requirements to minimize legal risks and ensure regulatory compliance with regard to projects and policy development or implementing policy changes
- Effectively direct and manage employee benefit plans, 401(k) and company wellness program
- Ensures the accuracy of approved field reported time via multiple systems/interfaces including union, prevailing wage. Responsible for earnings, deductions, liabilities and system design for accurate payroll processing
- Lead the payroll team in responding to inquiries related to payroll and providing guidance on prevailing laws governing payroll and income taxes, employee benefits, garnishments, reimbursement policies and other statutory pay and related entitlements
- Creates, facilitiates and maintains management and employee understanding of payroll procedures and related controls
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent combination of education/experience
- 5 or more years of progressively responsible experience in human resource management roles in employee relations, generalist or payroll
- Certifications in human resource and/or payroll areas a plus
- Strong current understanding of human resource related legal issues and experience developing, implementing and improving policies, procedures, processes and inititatives
- Demonstrated payroll management experience
Project Cost Accountant
Plote Construction Inc. is seeking motivated individuals to assist and strengthen our project management teams and oversee project financial review and reporting. This individual will be responsible to ensure the accuracy of the job cost data, support the monthly forecast process and administer the timely reporting of information between field personnel, project management, senior management and accounting. Ideal candidate should possess a high attention to detail ability to multi-task and meet deadlines and be an effective communicator.
- Comprehensive analysis job progress overall and management of job cost and related contract billings.
- Assist in the update of the monthly project forecast.
- Prepare and assist in preparation of monthly and weekly review as part of the project management team and accounting management including key performance indicators.
- Job cash flow.
- Coordinate bid-to-budget and job cost report setup process.
- Assist with change order management.
- Facilitate project closeout.
- Monitor and follow up on all field and project reporting requirements.
- Oversee contract billings, subcontractor processing and related compliance reporting.
- Accounting degree with minimum of five years of job cost / project accounting experience.
- Competent with Microsoft office products.
- Prior experience with Viewpoint (Vista) and Heavy Job software, a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Advance knowledge of heavy highway job cost structure and unit price contracts.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong team and customer focus.
Senior Project Manager
Plote Construction is currently searching for an individual with the following skills and experience:
- Oversee preparation of schedules, submittals, change orders and pay requests
- Supervise the following project team activities:
- Review of RFP information and submission of responses
- Negotiation and issuance of purchase orders and contracts
- Pricing and presentation of change orders
- Utilize project management tools to track project costs
- Prepare costs to complete and job finalization
- Conduct regular weekly project team meetings
- Interact with clients including all government agencies, architects, engineers and local jurisdictions
- Supervision of all project administration and communications including but not limited to; RFI’s, submittals, meeting minutes, progress billing, logs and reports
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Civil Engineering or Construction Management or 8-12 years of heavy highway or airport experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of construction industry practices and procedures
- Strong supervisory and management skills
- Proficient in Outlook, Excel, Word, MS Project, P6, ViewPoint and HCSS Heavy Bid and Heavy Job
- Working knowledge of estimating and scheduling software
- Strong negotiation skills
Directs activities of workers engaged with construction of highways, runways, site development infrastructure or other construction projects by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Studies specifications to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion.
Confers with and directs supervisory personnel engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays.
Confers with supervisory to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications.
Doing Time on a Daily bases.
Tracking of daily quantities that were performed.
Communicating of equipment problems to Shop, General Superintendents and Superintendents.
Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems on their crew.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
•Experience in area of work:
MS-Office including Excel, Word, Outlook,
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business communication, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and engineers.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of algebra and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram forms.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current valid driver’s license with clear DMV record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk long distances across rugged terrain, and stand, talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move equipment up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Plote Construction Inc. and Beverly Materials L.L.C. are 50-year old, privately held and vertically integrated, civil construction companies situated in Northern Illinois. This organization is a complete heavy civil construction company, which builds and maintains many of the Chicago metro areas highways, airports, streets and other municipal projects. It operates multiple asphalt, concrete, sand and gravel mines, and recycle locations. The main office is located approximately 40 miles northwest of Chicago in Hoffman Estates, Illinois. Join a company continuing its tradition of success for over 50 years!
Plote Construction Inc. is seeking a Superintendent with a minimum of 2 years experience in onsite management of Heavy & Highway projects to direct the activities of workers engaged in the construction of highways, runways, site development infrastructure or other construction projects. Position responsibilities include:
• Studies specifications to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
• Assembles members of organization (supervisory, clerical, engineering, and other workers) at start of project.
• Orders procurement of equipment, tools and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
• Confers with and directs supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays.
• Confers with supervisory and engineering personnel and inspectors and suppliers of tools and materials to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
• Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
• Prepares or reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports.
• Works closely with P.M. and Project Engineers on schedules, ordering of long term items, P.O’s.
The Superintendent directly supervises up to 15 employees, including training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising employee performance, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Requirements include a Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in civil engineering or construction management from a four-year college or university; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience including computer proficiency with MS-Office including Excel, Word, Outlook, HCSS. A re-employment drug screen is required and must have current valid driver’s license with clear DMV record.
Plote Construction Inc. is seeking a Project Manager with a minimum of 6 years experience in onsite management of Heavy & Highway projects ranging from $15 to $50 million. Responsibilities include schedules, submittals, subcontractor coordination, change orders, pay requests and job finalization. Excellent communication and organization skills are required for a high level of interaction with project superintendents, owner’s Resident Engineers and designers to complete projects on time and within budget. Pre-employment drug screen is required and must have current valid driver’s license with clear DMV record.