In order to apply for an available position, please send your resume by mail, email, or fax. For all eligible positions, we offer competitive benefit package including paid vacation, holidays, medical, dental insurance, and 401(k).
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prepare and review weekly and bi-weekly payroll, including all changes for the period to Pay Rates, 401k contributions, 401k loans, Garnishments, Employee info, Employee taxes, Special check requests, and any other items that impact the current pay period. Reviews Payroll register and distributes weekly payroll.
- Special Check Requests, including Retro Pay, Commissions, Bonuses, Lay-off / Termination, Union Settlements and other situations, as applicable.
- Prepare Union reports and payment requests. Submit filings after reviewed.
- Prepare all federal and state tax compliance forms for review, such as Fed-941/Schedule B, IL-941, 940, IL W-3, W-2's, Chicago Tax Report, MSHA, Transmittal report and summary of magnetic media. Submit filings after reviewed.
- Run all necessary payroll related reports for outside auditors.
- Under the supervision of the Assistant Controller, maintain and perform changes to Viewpoint Payroll Set up, as required, for the accuracy of payroll reporting, including union dues/initiation fees and union rate increases.
- Payroll reconciliation and reporting as required by manager.
- Maintain payroll files (both physical and computerized), including all verification and deductions: tax, union, wage assignments, insurance. Scan all weekly time sheets and payroll changes and maintain electronic directory.
- Open and address payroll mail and payroll related phone calls.
- Prepare and maintain vacation/personal time schedules.
- Review time submissions from the field and enter data from weekly time cards.
- Prepare, review & distribute check requests to AP for tax payments, garnishments, and any other as needed.
- Assist/Support AR and AP, as well as other departments, with material AP and mailing of checks, invoices and statements as needed or directed
Preferred Skills/ Knowledge:
- Multi-Company payroll experience
- Experience with Payroll processes and procedures within a Construction environment.
- Experience with Union payroll & benefits.
- Knowledgeable in Payroll Laws and Regulations including Employee withholdings
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and comprehend contract specifications and drawings, assess project risks.
- Perform accurate detailed take off of quantities from drawings utilizing take off software.
- Calculate labor, equipment and materials costs required for detailed cost estimate.
- Create unit price cost estimate utilizing HCSS software program.
- Communicate and solicit pricing from suppliers and subcontractors as required for bidding. Prepare bid packages. Compare and analyze competitive subcontractor and supplier bids
- Provide pre-bid cost budgets.
- Work with project management staff with both bid handoff and ongoing construction change order costing.
- Develop progress schedules associated with bid activities.
- Analysis job cost information.
- Attend industry and client meetings and visit job sites.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Expand contacts with new General Contractors, owners and engineers to ensure PCI has adequate opportunities to negotiate, team up, joint venture or subcontract projects which support company revenue and profits goals.
- Maintain/advance relationships with General Contractors, owners and engineers that we have worked with on previous projects to ensure PCI has adequate opportunities to negotiate, team up, joint venture or subcontract projects which support company revenue and profit goals.
- Assist and lead corporate, business development, and operations management to determine types of projects to pursue, strategies to pursue those chosen projects, techniques to capture those projects (particularly as it relates to the pre-con in capturing desired opportunities), cost parameters of the design/scopes as design/engineering evolves, potential pursuit costs, etc.
- Manage proposal process for all projects. This will include but is not limited to identifying owner’s needs, developing win strategy, identifying and securing teaming, developing a successful approach, all technical and creative writing, general publishing and overall management of production process.
- Work closely with the VP of Business Development in the preparation of private work sales and marketing plans.
- Contributing significantly to the overall client management on projects from start to finish.
- Maintain program for identifying, tracking and reporting on potential project opportunities.
- Responsible for the coaching and preparing personnel for presentations/interviews to be given to owners and engineers.
- Manage the client critique process for all PCI clients. This includes conducting project performance reviews with owners and engineers at 50% and 100% completion and maintaining trend logs and reporting tools.
- 6 or more years of previous relevant industry experience.
- Excellent technical writing skills required.
- Excellent presentation, negotiation and, interpersonal skills.
- Strong sales aptitude; ability to persuade and influence potential customers.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Plote Construction Inc.
Attn: HR Dept.
1100 Brandt Drive
Hoffman Estates, IL 60192